Meido (Play Thread)

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:16 pm

The fifth of Ascending Air, RY 759. The sun rose red over Meido, the purple-stained roofs making the capital look like a dark bruise on the landscape. The night vigil for Tarek II was ending, new prayer-fires lit in shrines as the celebration of the former king began in earnest.

Visitors to the city were met with the smells of sweet incense and roasting boar, while  sitar players sung paeans to Saturn and her representatives in gathering places both above and under the streets.

"Better late than never," an old boneguard muttered as he sighted the Guild caravan approaching the city. The city's consumption of luxury goods during major death anniversaries wasn't exactly ostentatious, but the size of the caravans the Guild sent was always shocking.
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:57 pm

(OOC\ I'm using cyan to represent riverspeak.)

At over 2 meters tall, Pall could easily see his way through a crowded market to the rice vendor. A number of people gathered around the store but they parted as Pall approached. "How much for a barrel of rice?" He asked in low voice. Silence, no one daring to speak.
"It'll cost a quian for the rice and half a siu for the barrel." The reply was unexpectedly pleasant, as the shopkeeper had an apparently infinite depth of optimism.
Pall counted the money out of his purse. "This should be it. Thank you." He hoisted the barrel over his left shoulder and nodded to the shopkeeper. There was some muttering in forest-tongue from a couple of ladies as he walked away, but he didn't respond.
He could harvest ice from the frozen lake-manse, so with the rice he would have food and water for a couple of months. Maybe more.
The next question was how to find local martial artists worth fighting. He could not fight to his full strength in the city, and definitely not with any established Dragon-Blooded. There had to be some exalted under the radar who he could duel with impunity. Bandits, Traitors, Anathema. How does one go about finding such people?

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:45 pm

The Guild caravan wended its way towards the largest markets of each ward. Even split up, the train of wagons, carts, donkeys and yeddim seemed longer than years past. Agitated boneguards tried to hurry the cargo along before the first parade rolled out of the Sacred Ward.

"You! Where are you going?" a guard wildly waved at the biggest yeddim Pall had ever laid eyes on. "That's the wrong way!"
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Obsidian hid himself in the shadows as soon as he entered the city, so that he could observe with out being seen.
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:36 pm

((Give me a dex+stealth roll))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:51 pm

The large, heavily laden yeddim rounded the corner away from the caravan down a market alley packed with shops, people and supplies. At first it might have been a simple mistake, but as he plowed over the cart selling cabages people began to panic. Some managed to squeeze behind the creature, others were fleeing backwards in terror.
Pall dashed forward with a solid yet graceful thud, and before his barrel touched the ground he moved before the yeddim, grabbed its shoulders and tried to drag it to a halt.
(ooc\ Should I roll something? my base str+ath = 8 )


Last edited by DagonXIII on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : accidentally made smiley)

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:29 pm

((Str+ath+1 stunt))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:34 pm

roll
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:34 pm

The member 'eagle788' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 6, 7, 1, 3, 8, 4, 5, 10, 7
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:41 pm

Rolling Str+Ath+1 add 1 success from excellency. 14 Pers / 34 Peri


Last edited by DagonXIII on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:41 pm

The member 'DagonXIII' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 5, 4, 2, 7, 7, 2, 1, 8, 8

_________________
"Put a Twilight Caste in a pit of infinite nothingness, and within a month, the Twilight will have filled it with all the knowledge of Creation. Put a No Moon in the same pit, and within a week, the No Moon will have learned something new." -Unknown

XP in parens is unspent. Without parens is how much has been used in purchases so far.
Activated charms:
Essence expenditure: 0 pers/0 peri
Willpower: 10/10 Health: full
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:39 pm

From between the double eaves of a manor, Obsidian watched the runaway yeddim slow and then come to a halt. There was smattered clapping while guards and caravanners shouted. No one seemed to be coming forward to claim the beast of burden.

A flicker of movement drew Obsidian's eyes. The heavy woolen tarp strapped over some cargo was definitely hiding something alive.
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:09 pm

((Thought I changed the dice roller to the automated GM; I think I fixed it now))

Flipper wasn't particularly busy at the moment; he was simply watching the guild caravan file past and listening to the music. He had always liked the sitar, but the choice of music was so dreary. This was the second most morbid place he'd ever been. As the sound of the runaway yeddim reached his ears over the music, he craned to see over the crowd. It was a ways away from him, but he could make it. From where he was, he couldn't tell if there was anyone trying to halt the creature yet.

He briefly weighed his options between attracting attention to himself and stopping the animal. The decision wasn't that hard, especially after hearing a tortured cry of "My cabbages!" Flipper pushed his way through the crowd in the general direction of the wayward yeddim, intending to figure out what to do when he found out if he was needed.
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:45 pm

There seemed to be some confusion as to which baggage train the yeddim had been in. There wasn't a driver in sight and Guild members and boneguards alike seemed at a loss as to what to do (unlike the produce sellers, who knew exactly what to do--pester authority figures).
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:56 pm

obsidian steps into the tarps shadow(Activates Shade Walker Prana (personal 13/17 peripheral 26/26)) to discover what is beneath it.


Last edited by eagle788 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Obsidian rolled into the dark, cramped space between two bundles of cargo. There wasn't enough light to see, but Obsidian didn't have to see anything to figure out what he was crouched next to--a loud snoring filled the darkness. Odds were pretty good Obsidian had just found the yeddim driver.
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:51 pm

Obsidian realizing how dark it is activates his night vision(void stares back, personal 10/17, peripheral 25/26 i have my bow in elsewhere forgot earlier) to see.


Last edited by eagle788 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Pall waited for the bonegaurds to get the yeddim under control, then returned to his barrel of rice. He lifted it onto his shoulder and then tried to navigate through the crowd out into a larger less crowded street, keeping his eyes open lest someone tried to follow him. A brief thought passed that it might be fun to find a job as a yeddim wrangler but decided, with a shallow smile, that that would be a terrible idea.
(Rolling Per + Awa = 6 dice)


Last edited by DagonXIII on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:54 pm

The member 'DagonXIII' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 1, 8, 1, 4, 10, 1

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Flipper interpreted the lack of official action as the need for someone decisive. He found the least-crowded area he could get to and ran into the yeddim's path. But it seemed while he was out of sight, Pall had been busy, and the problem was already solved. As Pall left the scene, Flipper gave him a jaunty wave from the side-street and set off about his business.
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:04 am

Obsidian could now make out a curled up figure. He couldn't have been taller than five feet and he was wearing the clothing of a nomadic plainsman. Head on a rucksack, he was deep asleep and didn't seem to be armed.
------
None of the people on the street where Pall had stopped the yeddim seemed to be paying attention to the martial artist anymore. As he made his way between the walls of two courtyards, he caught a reflection of something behind him in the polished surface of a brazier. It was green. Then it was gone.
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:19 am

Pall spun suddenly in place and narrowed his eyes as single gasp passed his mouth,"Fox?"

The sun was bright, so he shaded his face with his free hand. When he had scanned the faces in the crowd, he looked to any polished surface he could find and then finally to the corners and the shadows.

(Per + Awa + 3 dice + 1 wp = 12 +1 success. I forgot to add 5 before from atuning myself to creation so 6/34 dice. Do I get any stunt dice?)

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:39 am

((1 die stunt))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:45 am

Rolling +1 success

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:45 am

The member 'DagonXIII' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 9, 2, 2, 2, 8, 3, 4, 3, 10, 10

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum