Meido (Play Thread)

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:40 pm

((Int+Lore or Survival))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:45 pm

((KK. That will be 3 dice + 1 from excellency. 0 personal motes left. I'm would like to look for the temple of Suyra in particular.))

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:45 pm

The member 'DagonXIII' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 6, 9, 2, 3

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:12 pm

There were two temples to Surya in Meido, one serving as the (mostly symbolic) eastern gate of the Sacred Ward and one serving as a watchtower on the eastern wall of the city. In addition there were several public shrines in other wards, usually serving double-duty as a gate or watchtower.
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:23 pm

If your being followed Pell then maybe we should head back to one of our manses.
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:05 am

Pall laughed. "I would be out of the way, but I already sold directions to some monk. Paid me enough to buy food for a couple years too." He shot Obsidian a Wild look and mouthed "Mortals don't have manses. Shh" He continued aloud, "Not like it was doing anything for me, either. I know you like to feel big an all, but I think some things are just beyond men."

"There's two temples to Surya, but I'm not sure which one we want."

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:37 pm

Was Surya really worth it right now? There was already so much going on with travel plans that this might just slow things down. On the other hand, those other men with the bowls seemed awfully jumpy, so perhaps this was related?

"Well, let's try the closer one. I suspect that we might be able to follow a crowd once we get outside. I also suspect that our friends with the cult and the broken bowls might be behind it, whatever it is. Shall we?"

Flipper motioned to the door and reached for a leather waterskin sitting near the window. As he uncorked the bottle, an innocuous-looking dish of water near the window flowed out and into the bottle. "Is something finally going to happen?" it asked. "I'm sick of sitting here. The window's fun and all, but there's only so many times one can count the bricks in the opposite building."

"Eh, maybe?" Flipper replied. "Hopefully we won't need you to do anything, but just in case. You know."
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:31 am

((Wits+Awareness on the way to the temple))

The descent through the smoke, noise, and occasional airborne noodles was unpleasant but informative. Information always lost accuracy as it moved across a city, but people seemed to be mentioning the temple on the eastern wall most frequently, something about a mendicant there just asking for trouble.
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:40 am

((Has it been about an hour now? Anyway, Wits+Awa=7))

Well, if people were heading to the eastern wall, that's where he should go. He made a nudge to Flipper to express his intent, then fell back to attempt to blend into the crowd. Due to his size he normally stuck out, but there was a few things he could do.

((What would I roll to blend into the crowd?))

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Obsidian decides to hang back and make his way to the temple via the shadows to make sure they are not being followed. ((activating unseen wisp method)) He sees Pell drop back to blend in and decides to keep a close eye on him sense Pell thought he was being followed before.

((wits + Awareness = 7 + 4 (1e)))
((+ 3 specialty in scouting if it applies))
(( dex + stealth = 9 + 8 (1e)))

((personal 17/17 peripheral 16/26))((paid the extra mote for each))
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:35 pm

The member 'eagle788' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'd10' : 2, 4, 9, 10, 5, 7, 9, 10, 1, 8, 9

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 10, 2, 10

--------------------------------

#3 'd10' : 3, 9, 10, 9, 3, 3, 9, 4, 1, 10, 3, 9, 8, 10, 8, 1, 5

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Flipper accepted the nudge and headed for the eastern wall, pulling forward slightly away from Pall and Obsidian. He didn't need to work at blending into the crowd much; since he was completely unarmed save for a utility knife, the very worst he looked like was a tourist following the action.
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:26 pm

((and my rolls. Embarassed Dex+stealth=7))


Last edited by DagonXIII on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:26 pm

The member 'DagonXIII' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'd10' : 1, 6, 7, 7, 7, 5, 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 8, 10, 1, 3, 6, 5, 9

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:44 pm

((Dex+Stealth for Pall to blend into the crowd. Alternatively, Manip+Socialize to mimic the behavior of the crowd. Scouting applies if you're going ahead of the group, watching their backs doesn't))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:46 pm

((ok ignore the 3die roll then))
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:47 pm

(( I still need a Wits+Awareness from Flipper, +1 stunt))

Pall and Obsidian effortlessly slipped into the crowd and the shadows, following a significant portion of the crowd headed east.

From his vantage point, Obsidian noticed a young boy following Pall and Flipper, but it didn't appear to be a conscious attempt at tracking, just eerie coincidence. He was never more than 50 yards away from them, but from the looks of it, he was too short to actually see them even from that close. By the time they reached the temple of Surya, Obsidian was sure the boy was tailing his circle members, but not deliberately and not through any means obvious to the scout.

avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:19 pm

((Right-o.))
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:19 pm

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 10, 7, 5, 9, 9, 6, 9, 6

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:25 pm

((You know that someone's watching you and Pall, but can't tell who in this crowd.))

The temple jutted from the wall, a blocky tower crowned with the five stacked roofs of a short, broad pagoda. The crowds had circled around a yeddim caparisoned in white and gold and a group of angry looking Immaculates. As Pall and Flipper got closer, they could see an extremely short cargo handler in a makeshift tabard that matched the yeddim's covering.

Despite the threatening stances of the monks confronting him, the cargo handler displayed the broad, blissful smile of the simpleminded.

He offered a string of prayer beads to the nearest monk, "Smile! Ignis Divine loves you!"
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Obsidian decides to keep an eye on the boy to be safe. So he stays close to the boy and makes sure no one is following him as well.


Last edited by eagle788 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : read post wrong)
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 pm

((The crowd's all right in front of the temple, no one seems to be going in))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:22 am

((oh, well then))
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:49 am

Ignis? That was a foolish thing to say to an immaculate. He turned to the nearest person and asked "What is going on?"

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:57 am

"Whull, the yeddim wrangler there's been preachin' 'bout Sol wantin' to forgive us if we just ask, and handin' out them prayer bracelets, but some of those Realm monks came 'n told him to stop. He just keeps pluggin' those little beads though."
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum