Meido (Play Thread)

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:32 pm

This perks Obsidian interest and he thinks this could be a key to becoming a solar again. So he heads over to check it out yet he still keeps an eye on the boy.
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:22 pm

The boy was holding a toy boat, but he was more focused on the situation in front of the temple.

Several of the monks held bronze headed spades (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk's_spade), which they leveled at the cargo loader. "This is not the sun's day, wayward one. We cannot officially prevent illegal worship in this city, but--"

"Enough, Bek! We've tiptoed around this city long enough! Maybe if we make an example of one of the heretics..."
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:53 pm

((Per+aw on the monks to make sure they're mortal/don't have fancy artifacts. If not, I'm going in.
Also, how long has it been since we started on the maps? If I had some motes back for this, that would be great.))


Last edited by AlaskanWyvern on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:53 pm

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 4, 2, 6, 8, 10, 6, 2

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:13 am

((Mm. I'll call it an hour since you started on the maps. The spades aren't artifacts; if any of the monks are supernatural, they must be very weak since there are no obvious indicators.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:49 am

((Well then...))

Flipper was prepared to just let this play out, but when they mentioned making an example of someone, that crossed the line. Screw the consequences, he was going in. If it meant they had to skip town, that would suck. But it wasn't like they weren't going to leave soon anyway, right?
Leaving his arm at his side, Flipper closed his fist and opened it flat, facing backwards roughly at Pall and (maybe) Obsidian. It was a signal to stay back and wait in case something went badly.

Fliper pushed his way to the front of the crowd, and pretended not to have heard the monks. Channeling all his energy into being as boisterously friendly to the idiot who was about to get himself hurt, he put on a big smile and reached out a hand. "I'd like some of those prayer beads, if you don't mind!" he said. "This Ignis fellow doesn't sound too bad."
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:36 am

seeing Flipper's hand gesture Obsidian decides to get himself above the crowd by climbing to the roof of a building. once he reaches the top he sets him self up so that he can quickly aid Flipper with ranged attacks.
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:56 am

The cargo loader beamed back. "Here! It's easy to use, too!" He held up the bracelet. Four soapstone beads shaped like little open palms were spaced equally around the bracelet by groups of plain wooden beads, while a larger closed fist held the tassel at the bottom.

"You just face the sun, and then start on this bead and medi...medit...focus on the concept of 'compassion' until you get to the first hand, then pray, then focus on 'valor' for five beads, then pray for valor, then 'conviction,' then 'temperance.' Then you get to the fist; 'will,' which holds all the other virtues together. Then pray for wisdom to know when to be kind, brave, focused or um, temperate."

The monks were starting to speak softly in Low Realm at this point, aside from the occasional burst of noisy quoting of the Immaculate texts by the most aggressive monk. The cargo loader didn't seem to notice.

He handed the beads to Flipper. "I'm not so good at the teaching, but they have sutras in the temple if you want to learn more. 'Sokay if you can't read, I can't either, the priests are all nice, and they can probably read them to you. 'Cept the blind ones. But they might have the scriptures memorized..."


((Greeting the Sun (0, Charisma, 1, Five minutes):

First Age Solars mandated a schedule of worship wherein all mortals made five daily prayers to the Unconquered Sun: once at sunrise, then at noon, midafternoon, sunset and midnight.

These prayers were not simply shows of respect to the Most High, they enabled the sun’s righteous blessing upon the people. A successfully completed daily prayer to the Unconquered Sun obviates one botch between the time of the prayer’s performance and the next scheduled prayer in the cycle, making it a normal failure instead. (A prayer at sunrise would alleviate the first botch that occurred between dawn and
noon.)

By the end of the First Age, the Solars had allowed most mortals to grow lax in their devotions, and the majority of individuals did not awaken to make a midnight prayer. As a result, the small hours of the morning became widely associated with misfortune and disaster, an association that has persisted into the current day.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:27 am

Pall saw Flipper's gesture, but decided not to mind it. He waded into the crowd until he was in a position to move quickly to defend the idiot. It would be unwise to attack the monks... but if he waited his could pass it off as defending the man. Not like they were any less itching for a fight.

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:47 am

Flipper smiled and stuck the beads in a belt pouch. "Thank you! You know, I'd love to talk with you about this some more. Could we go somewhere more private? There's a great noodle bar a ways down the street, and we'll talk over lunch. My treat. How's that sound?"
He put his arm over the man's shoulder and applied some slight pressure, hopefully not too forceful, back in Pall's direction. Obsidian was of course nowhere to be seen - probably a good thing in this case. At worst, the guy wouldn't get flattened by overzealous monks (for now), at best, who knew? At least the beads looked well-made.
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:44 pm

The cargo loader beamed, "That's probably a good place to set up! There's more traffic at noodle bars than temples."

As Flipper and the loader approached the edge of the crowd, two of the monks stepped in front of them. "I'm afraid we need a moment of the lost one's time before you can take him."
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:13 pm

Obsidian quickly checks to make sure he is hidden from the crowd. he then draws his bow, loads a target arrow, and stands ready to defend Flipper and Pell.

((how long has it been since we left to head to the temple))
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:33 pm

((Maybe half an hour. It's been a full hour since you started looking at maps.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:36 pm

((motes only regain via hearthstones set in soulsteel right?))
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:27 pm

((Nope, houseruled to function without being socketed; as long as it's on your person.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:48 pm

((How much legal trouble would i be in if I told the monks to sod off? Still not quite sure how much influence the Realm is supposed to have here.))
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:30 pm

((Wits+Lore for knowing about the legality/power of the Realm here, Wits+Socialize for reading the crowd.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:32 pm

((Challenge accepted. Lore is the first one.))
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:32 pm

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'd10' : 9, 1, 10, 2, 8, 8, 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 7, 6, 6, 2, 6, 5

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:46 pm

((The cargo loader wasn't actively worshiping UCS, at least in public, but he was encouraging others. It's a grey area, but a slap on the wrist is the worst a magistrate would do.

The crowd is mostly just interested in seeing a fight [kung fu monks!]. They don't necessarily support the UCS, but they aren't especially fond of the Immaculates.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:53 pm

((Yes, but is that what the monks look like they want to do? They were carrying weapons and conversing angrily about "doing something," which sounds more like a beat-down to me.))
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:24 pm

((They're of mixed opinion. At least one just wants the cargo guy to move along, another wants to beat the snot out of him, and the others probably want a middle of the road approach; rough him up before they take him to a magistrate.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Flipper facepalmed, realizing a specific source of the problem. "Oh, I know. It's the wrong day for this sort of thing, isn't it? And you want to go to the magistrate, I see. Hope you don't mind if I follow along?" Flipper said, looking pointedly at the more violent-looking of the monks. A wrist-slap to keep the monks at bay was fine with Flipper. It would teach the man to be more careful next time, hopefully. If the monks wanted to beat him up, they'd have more than they bargained for.
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:55 pm

((Make a social attack. Pres to just convince the leader, Perf to convince everyone.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:14 pm

((Any stunt dice? I'm adding a success with two motes just to be sure. Since I hadn't trained that 2nd dot of presence yet, I'm calling this a learning experience.))
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum