Meido (Play Thread)

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:07 pm

"Honored magistrate," the monk began, drawing a scroll from a holster at his side, "the law is clear, minor religious infractions are to be remanded to the petty courts, or, in the case that the court is not in session that day, an on duty magistrate, such as yourself, may pass sentence." He adjusted his glasses, "I humbly offer the suggestion of swift and efficient justice for this infraction. There's no need to waste time on a full hearing when the law allows for immediate resolution."

((Presence attack on just the magistrate pushing for sentencing the caravanner. 7 dice.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:41 pm

((Eh. I forgot dice code, so I just used Tilly's dice roller. 5 successes, which beats the magistrate's MDV since it hits an intimacy.))

The magistrate looked up from her desk at the words "swift justice," paused, and then tapped a stack of papers in a bamboo tray. "That may be, but someone still needs to fill out a form and at least two impartial witnesses need to sign."

((Magistrate spends a WP. Coincidentally, let me know if anyone has Essence sight/detection type thingies. I'm going tickless to keep this fast; I'm assuming Pall and Obsidian are taking Guard actions, so Flipper's up.))

avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:19 pm

"Impartial witnesses?" Flipper broke in. "Your honor, I'm afraid we'd be hard-pressed to find one of those here." He held up the beads the caravaner had given him. "I think this disqualifies me, and the monks here have an obvious bias - you, sir, with the glasses, I saw the way you were waving that spade about in the square. You had something besides the justice system on your mind, I can say that for sure! If it weren't for me, we wouldn't be here at all, in fact.

But anyway, my two friends here... heh heh, they don't like to talk about their religious preferences much, but let's just say that the deity in question is a touchy subject. I shouldn't think you'd get an unbiased answer out of either of them. Unless our two friends here would like to go find someone from the crowd who honestly have no stake in the issue, I'm afraid we're at a loss for the moment."

He cast a suspicious glance at the monks, then at whatever weapons they were still holding, in order to evoke his earlier statement that the monks were unlikely to be honest.

((Presence-based on the magistrate, trying to hit her intimacy for justice. 1 success from excellency, -2 ext penalty. Stunt dice y/n?))
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:19 pm

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 1, 6, 5, 1, 7, 1

+1 autosuccess

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:56 pm

((Two dice))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:01 pm

((thank heavens. That was nearly my single worst roll ever.))
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:01 pm

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 10, 4

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:12 pm

((Her intimacy's towards "swift justice" but I'll go ahead and give it to you since you already declared a called shot.))

"True, none of you seem to be unbiased witnesses if you brought the accused here. I suppose the priests of Surya can't really be called on either. I don't suppose there were any boneguards there? If we could get accounts from them we could expedite this process."

((Charisma+Investigation to get a honest answer to her question. She and the monk both have Appearance 2.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:12 pm

The member 'CodexGigas' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 9, 5, 6, 9, 2, 10, 8

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:36 pm

((I'm honestly not sure if I'm supposed to stunt that or who to examine in order to stunt it, so I'll just put something in IC and see if it counts. If not, fine. Flipper's appearance is the same as theirs, and I'm adding a die for a total of three motes spent.))

Flipper nodded to the magistrate, and then his gaze held unwaveringly on the monk who looked like he was about to answer. As Flipper had said, he didn't expect particularly straight answers out of monks, and what followed next was sure to be a lie.
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:36 pm

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 7, 1, 1, 9, 6

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:09 pm

((I'm assuming that was a roll to check his truthfulness/motives, but what stats did you use? Perception+ Investigation or Socialize is the go to. 1 die stunt))

The monk fiddled with his legal scrolls, "Surely any dutiful guards there would have prevented an illegal religious gathering. If any there were just watching, their impartiality can't be trusted. In fact, they should probably be called up on dereliction of duty."

((Monk dodges, caravanner makes a reflexive flurry on magistrate, but also affects everyone with DMDV <7 with an UMI effect, 2WP to resist))

The cargo loader took the bandanna off of his head, wringing it between his hands as he struggled to explain the situation in broken Riverspeak "Uhh...I'm awfully sorry if I broke any rules, miss. I'm not so good at reading signs and stuff. Don't remember any guards asking me to stop, but if I could get your permission to spread word about Ingis Divine, I'd sure be much obliged."



Last edited by CodexGigas on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:09 pm

The member 'CodexGigas' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 2, 5, 2, 5, 6, 3, 6, 8, 9, 3, 5, 1, 5, 7, 10

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:12 pm

((Sigh. Third excellency.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:12 pm

The member 'CodexGigas' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 9, 7, 10, 3, 8, 3, 5, 7, 8, 3, 6, 8, 2, 8, 1

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:35 pm

(( Shocked Hooolllley moley. Fortunately, my MDV is 8. Is that noticeable at all as a UMI effect if we aren't affected?
The roll was CHA+INV (aka straight CHA). You were ambiguous as to who I should be charisma-investigating, so I guessed.))
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:48 pm

((Oh, she was the one rolling Cha+Investigation to ask her question, you didn't have to roll, but I figured you wanted to reflexively see if he was telling the truth. My bad.

UMI rules are a little hazy, but I'm going to say yes, you all know something's up. People that spend the 2WP to resist also gain a point of Limit.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:54 pm

((Okay. And again: Holey moley. Gotta love those social charms. Who's up now?))
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:59 pm

((MDV=7 so I should be fine for the UMI. ))

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:00 pm

((Anyone holding a guard action can act now, otherwise it's the magistrate's turn.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:21 pm

Almost before the caravanner had finished speaking, the magistrate had readied a seal and papers. "That seems like a reasonable request; I see no reason not to grant you a license to preach on a biweekly basis. Just get this notarized and you'll be legal in any Narakan township. Although make sure you check with a religious calendar-keeper for weekly openings."

"He makes good points," one of the monks said as the one with glasses shook his head.

"No, no something's not right..." he muttered, looking dizzy, "can't...let..."

The leader of the band of monks stepped in front of his companions, "Nothing we can do, he has a license now and good reasons to have one. Back to the shrine!"
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:47 pm

((Monks leave unless someone stops them, glasses monk resists, but is too out of it to be effective. Magistrate is busy updating her files/books, caravanner is trying to puzzle out what the license says.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Flipper cast a surprised look at the caravanner. Whatever just happened wasn't natural in the least; Flipper had the mental impression of an attempted mugging. Putting his arm around the man once more, he began gently ushering him out the door. "Say, let's go back to that cafe I was telling you about earlier. We can check out the license there, and I think we need to talk."
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:44 pm

"Oh...uhhh, sure! Are your friends coming too? They don't have beads yet."
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:58 am

Flipper looked to his compatriots, giving them a chance to answer for themselves. Hopefully his expression was clear enough that he wanted them (or at least Obsidian) to say yes.
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum