Meido (Play Thread)

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:20 am

((does survival specialty in scouting apply?))
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:21 am

((Sure.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:25 am

int+survival(3 +4 +3(specialty) +1(maps)) = 11
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:25 am

The member 'eagle788' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 2, 9, 4, 7, 6, 7, 9, 3, 5, 5, 5

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:37 am

North seemed to be the way to go in most cases. Trade routes to 100 Kingdom allies meant the best roads, and the northern border was the least secure. The low foothills and forests of the eastern kingdom would be a good place to hide if they wanted to avoid civilization, but at the same time, that meant fewer roads and points of interest, and if they got all the way to the border, there was the Wall.

Leaving the country through the south or west would be the most difficult. The south had harsh terrain and hostile tribes from Harborhead, while the west was the most closely monitored border.
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:56 am

Rolling six.
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:56 am

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 3, 7, 6, 3, 3, 3

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:47 pm

The busker's face was as unreadable as a blind man's diary.
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Wondering whats taking Flipper so long to come back up, Obsidian heads down to the dinning area. Upon entering he sees Flipper talking to a incredibly fat man and from the looks of it like he is trying to get information from him. Based on the expression on the mans face Flipper is getting stonewalled. Obsidian when noticing this decides to back into the stairwell where he can observe the man with out being seen.
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:49 pm

((Perception+Awareness))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Perception + Awareness (5+4)
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:52 pm

The member 'eagle788' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 3, 2, 10, 2, 10, 6, 5, 7, 4

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:48 pm

From his vantage point on the stairs, Obsidian saw several customers start to approach the fat man and then swerve away when they saw that Flipper wasn't just there leave a tip. They retreated back to corners to watch and wait.
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:30 pm

"No requests, thank you, except for the obvious."

Clink. There went another coin in the bowl.

((Per+aw to check for the other people, see if they're hostile and maybe to which one of us))
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:31 pm

((derp))
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:31 pm

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 2, 2, 10, 4, 9, 2, 10

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Pall ducked into Wok in the Park. He easily located a waitress, ordered the special for lunch and asked her to bring it outside for him. Flipper's room was upstairs; if he could get a message to Flipper then Flipper or Obsidian could figure out who was following him. Keeping his eyes open for anyone suspicious, he headed upstairs.
((Per+Awa=6))

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 pm

The member 'DagonXIII' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 5, 6, 8, 3, 5, 4

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:12 am

Three patrons, all eating from flawed bowls, seemed to be waiting to approach the smiling man. They didn't seem violent, just a little...on edge.

"The only way to Sana Hosay is by song!"

Do you know the way to Sana Hosay?
We've been lost so long, few can say,
Do you know the way to Sana Hosay?
Path cracked open in the mirror-lit bay

Do you know the way to Sana Hosay?
The rulers of heaven don't listen when you pray,
Do you know the way to Sana Hosay?
Half a league down beneath the spray

Do you know the way to Sana Hosay?
The jailer sleeps, but the makers still stay,
Do you know the way to Sana Hosay?
Dry oceans part on the fifth day

Now you know the way to Sana Hosay,
When the question is asked, what will you say?
Now you know the way to Sana Hosay;
Find the dragon of melting clay,
Help us end a world gone gray.

-----

Pall heard a high, warbling song accompanied by the plunking of a poorly tuned liuqin. As he reached the top of the stairs he could see Flipper standing in front of the "musician."

avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:24 pm

That melody was sung just badly enough that it would forever remain an earworm burrowing in Flipper's brain. Quite frankly, a lot of that sounded like dangerous talk to say the least, especially the bit about the gods not listening to prayers. At least he knew Luna listened to him - he was ordained as a priest by virtue of position.

The part about being under a bay sounded good; he could handle that easily. Judging by all these other edgy-looking people sharing the mislabeled bowls (Flipper thought that if he said "boo," they might spontaneously explode), there might be some sort of secret illuminati headquarters in the vicinity, maybe with an artifact nearby? Or a shadowland, which would suck... If it wasn't literal, then who knows what was going on. Fatty certainly wasn't the only one in on it, in any case. The "dry oceans parting on the fifth day" bit would certainly point to a somewhat literal interpretation. It warranted some further exploration, given what he'd heard from previous conversations with Pall.

Flipper stood there for a moment (or maybe a couple of moments), tapping his chin in thought. "You come here much?" he finally asked. "I'd be interested to hear more later."

It was time to check the maps again and see if there was any possible locations worth checking out. Apparently there was a deadline.
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:51 pm

"I rent room here, yes? Share gift of music everyday!"

((Coincidentally, this is what his song sounds like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQgrWabp46w&feature=related ; secret societies favor 60s pop songs in the dark world of Creation. Looking over maps can be Int+Lore or Survival, if you go with Survival, add 3 dice from Obsidian's efforts))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Pall actually rather enjoyed the music. The lyrics were odd, but interesting and he was a fan of high warbling musicians.

Flipper seemed to be finishing his conversation, so Pall returned to the bottom of the stairs and waited for his friend to pass by.

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:59 pm

((Is fun song. I facepalmed when I realized what you were doing, though. Somehow, I'm not surprised.))

"Then I'll see you later." Flipper went upstairs hurriedly. The song hadn't given him a lot to go on, but maybe there would be something likely. He gave a brief hello to Pall and Obsidian as he passed by, then sat down to the maps with Obsidian. First, he was finding the temple and plotting a route. He didn't say exactly why, except that the temple had a high probability of holding answers to his predicament.

Next, he searched out the bay.

((I'm using survival, so 6 dice of my own, plus three from Obsidian, and three from an excellency. I get sixteen back per hour, so I'm not keeping track much yet, assuming map-searching takes some time. Also, I'm not trying to cut off interaction; Ijust wanted to get to the roll and get everyone hopefully in one room.))
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:59 pm

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 8, 2, 5, 2, 7, 6, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 3

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:56 pm

As Flipper passed, Pall smiled briefly and whispered to him "I think I'm being followed, but I'm going to check again to make sure. I'll be outside if you need me."

Pall headed back outside, and sat down on his barrel. The midday sun was high above the city, beating heavily upon the deathknight.

From the sky to the rooftops to the people on the street, Pall looked for anything suspicious.

((Per+Awa: 6 +3 success, 1 from WP and 2 from Excellency. 1/34/Cool

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum