Meido (Play Thread)

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:56 pm

The member 'DagonXIII' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 1, 9, 4, 4, 1, 3

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:00 am

((I can only go so long without making a stupid joke Smile ))

The location of the temple and the fastest route there were easy to find. Linowa had trade towns along the river. It'd be simple to charter a boat, sail to the town nearest the temple and hire a guide. The Realm had done some excavating in that area based out of a Linowan settlement, but they had since retreated to a more hospitable clime before Calibration and Air.

The bay was more difficult. There were hundreds of bays along the eastern Threshold coast; "mirror-lit" was key to figuring out where to look for Sana Hosay.

((@ whole party: Int+Lore for the mirror clue, Int+Occult for looking at the whole song))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:04 am

((Int+Lore=3))

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:04 am

The member 'DagonXIII' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 7, 4, 2

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:24 am

((again, excellencies FTW. Flipper's going to choose "mirror-lit" as the only descriptor he can find in the song and try to find anything related to that, if that's all right. I'll make both rolls, first for the clue, second for the whole song. +2 successes to each, so eight motes. I'm in private, so I don't care about my Tell.))
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:24 am

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'd10' : 10, 2, 1, 5, 10, 8, 6 = 7 with excellency

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 9, 2, 10, 3, 4, 8 = 6 with excellency

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:25 am

Pall didn't see anyone or anything suspicious but he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched by someone hidden in the crowds. Other than pushy food vendors though, people were minding their own business, trying not to look too long at the giant of a man sitting on a barrel of rice.

For a country obsessed with death, the Narakans were surprisingly lively. And the children. They were everywhere, capering about with sacks on their heads painted to resemble comically exaggerated death masks and bright patchwork "funeral robes." Several ragdolls the children played with were wrapped in bandages or made to look like walking dead. One particularly morbid and clever toymaker had given a doll detachable limbs with buttons on the end so the child could make an arm or leg (or head) "rot" off. That one seemed to be the most popular. The least popular seemed to belong to a forlorn looking child looking at a miniature model urn his hopelessly unaware parents had given him. The lid didn't even open.

There was a minor tussle as an itinerant Immaculate tried to take away the blasphemous toys, but a stuffed limb popped free and the kid scurried away, corpse doll still in hand, with the moan of "braaaiins."
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:46 am

Lookshy employed a heliograph system, including large mirrors mounted on the water side of Lookshy Manse to signal fleets or act as searchlights. As far as Flipper knew, those were the only permanent heliograph emplacements on the coast large enough to light a bay.

The rest of the song seemed to be hinting at some sort of forgotten undersea prison. Maybe something the Deliberative had locked up? Or some Solar creation too powerful for the Shogunate to have killed outright? Whatever it was, the secret society in Meido knew about it somehow and they were likely worshiping it if "the gods didn't listen to their prayers."
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:05 am

There was a vendor pushing a cart full of fun-looking toys, masks and even some odd sweets and pastries. Although he did not seem to have the rotting corpse-doll, he did have a cute smiling zombie for a very reasonable price, only an eight-yen. Pall bought the doll and offered it with a smile to the poor child with the urn. The child brightened up and ran back to his parents with his new toy.

((Okay, that DEFINITELY gains me a point of resonance.))

Now he was pissed though. The eyes seemed to burn on the back of his neck. Someone was definitely following him, and it was getting on his nerves...


_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:34 am

((Ayup. That's the first point of Resonance I've ever seen in an Exalted game, except for when Matt tried to weaponize it. That shouldn't count though.))
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:10 am

(int+lore)(3+1)
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:10 am

The member 'eagle788' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' : 7, 7, 2, 9

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:24 am

Obsidian quickly figured out where Flipper was going with this. Lookshy manor's harbor was the only bay they knew about that matched the description of "mirror-lit." He had been to the port once; it was exclusively for military vessels. They'd have to sneak in somehow.
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:46 pm

obsidian begins looking through the maps trying to find one of Lookshy, not finding one he asks Flipper where he got the maps. he then heads out to get a map telling Flipper that if he sees Pell to tell him we need to make plans and should try and meet up ASAP.

soon after he reaches the the shop and heads in looking for the shopkeeper, who comes out of the back and asks "May i help you sir?"
"Yes i'm looking for a map of Lookshy"
"Give me a moment sir i know i have one around here somewhere."
he starts searching through the maps, several minutes later he exclaimed "Ah here it is"

"thank you sir, How much will that be?"
"That will be (insert price here)"

Obsidian hands over the coins and takes the map.
remembering Pell being worried about being fallowed he decides to stay out of sight on his way back to Flippers room.
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:49 pm

((ninja'd, let's just say this is after Obsidian gets back))

"Well, if this is some sort of artifact, I think it's worth checking out," Flipper mused aloud. "Shouldn't be too bad, really. You're sneaky, and I'm good with the water, so it shouldn't be too hard - as secure military facilities go. Besides, whatever it is seems to be sunken, or at least that's what the song says. That gives us an advantage right there. What do you think?"
Flipper looked up at Obsidian, looking for an honest opinion. As for Flipper, he'd said what he thought, and he seemed to be smiling a little about it. Then again, he smiled a lot.
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:57 pm

((lol))
Obsidian looks up from his map and says "i can get in on land but i can't help much underwater... Unless..... we can get our hands on some breather masks. know where we can get some? other then that should be a cakewalk except for maybe Pell."
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:36 pm

Flipper shook his head. "No idea about the masks. Haven't been here long, so I'm hardly connected with magitech suppliers. Or just owners, for that matter, but I'm not keen on meeting them if I don't have to. Unless they're pulling them out of those ruins, I've got no idea. As for Pall, you're right. No idea there. Maybe we should figure out something else for him. Hmmm."

Something started coming together in the back of Flipper's mind. He'd heard that it was possible for Lunar to bestow forms on other people, but he didn't know how it was done. At least, he didn't yet. It was worth figuring out if they couldn't find masks. It's solve the stealth issue, too. Who'd suspect a few fish?
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:35 am

If Pall gave it enough time, whoever the Void was following him might show themselves. He sat back down on his barrel, and thought of a candle. As it burned the wax melted, ran down and dried on the endless wick, forming the next section of candle. If it wasn't disturbed it would burn until time ended.

"Pardon me sir." There was a pretty young waitress holding his meal. She bowed politely and smiled.
"How much?" He asked.
"Ano...I should know this... uh..This many?" She held up a couple of fingers.
Pall pulled a coin from his pocket, and a little bit for a tip. The Waitress bowed again. "May them a happy." She said and handed him a bowl of noodles topped with deep red slices of fish.

After briefly wondering about the last time he had fish, he remembered his vow. His mouth twitched, and a couple of mothers edged even further away from him. Screw it, if followed him into Flipper's room... well...

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:43 pm

Pall noticed a growing murmur in the crowd. News spread fast in the Wok. Something was happening at the temple of Surya.
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:24 pm

Up the stairs and into Flippers room, the door slamming to one side and then again shut. Pall set down his barrel, and joined the two at the table. "Whats with the maps?" He growled.

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:30 am

Obsidian Looks over to Flipper with a look of go ahead your find. he then goes back to looking over his map and planing the best routs in and out.
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:57 pm

"Did you see the fat guy playing the liquin out there? Never mind, of course you did, you were there when I was talking to him. I think he's part of an artifact cult, and he just handed me the location to whatever they're worshipping. It's underwater in a Lookshy-controlled harbor." Flipper pointed to the harbor on the map.
"They've got a heliograph station there, and the whole things military-access only. It's probably worth taking a look, given the number of people who seem to be mixed up in it. Just look at people's bowls as you go through here sometime. You know the Pasiap symbol on the rims? Quite a few are upside-down, and that seems to be their identifier. Anywho, Obsidian and I think it might be worth checking out. We can both get in fairly easily, but we're trying to figure out how to get you inside unnoticed. There's also a temple that might have some information as to re-Solarizing Obsidian."

He took a deep breath and gestured briefly to the door. "Rapid entrance much?"
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 pm

"I'm being followed, I'm hungry, and I'm pretty sure I just got inducted into a secret society. Noodles?" He offered his bowl to Flipper.
He paused for a moment and tried to sift through the wall of information that Flipper had just given him. "Which temple was it? I heard something about Suyra downstairs."

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:41 pm

"Thanks." Flipper accepted gratefully. Fish was never unwelcome. "I've got a location, but that's about it. Exactly who it's to, I've got no idea. Got anything more specific on the Surya thing, though? Seems there's always something odd going on around here."
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by DagonXIII on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:53 pm

"No, but people seem to be taking about it downstairs." Pall leaned in over the maps. "By the way, I learned most of Fox's tricks before I left Mask's services. You don't need to worry about me."

((Wits+Survival to look over the maps right?))

_________________
In the next campaign of Exalted, I want to play a cow who wants to become the world's foremost martial artists. Where can I find those cattle?
avatar
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 101
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mars is Amazing!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum