Mazes and Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exalted Webcomic

3 posters

Go down

Exalted Webcomic Empty Exalted Webcomic

Post by CodexGigas Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:49 pm

Anyone interested in collaborating on an Exalted webcomic?
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Exalted Webcomic Empty Re: Exalted Webcomic

Post by DagonXIII Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:22 pm

I would be interested in collaborating. I can't draw, but I have heard from others that I'm only half-bad at poetry so I might be useful.

To add, I have always wanted to do a webcomic, so I would love the oportunity.
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:59 am

I think Fleeger is the only one on this forum who can draw in a timely manner, but she isn't a fan of Exalted. Unless somebody hasn't shown me something, which I don't rule out.

I'm not sure how much I could do, but I might be interested.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

https://osgrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:09 pm

I have some sketches to post once I either find a scanner or redo them directly on my tablet.

Still wide open to any ideas, but the seed idea I've been toying with is a casteless Lunar who spent enough time in the Wyld that he picked up some...idiosyncrasies that push him and his environment towards trope-like behavior (noir/pulp detective fiction). He's currently living the role of Bronze Spade of the Just, hard-boiled private magistrate, solving cases in Nexus.

A noble raksha, Bursar of Social Currency, fills the role of his man-hungry secretary, Miss Turtle. (Spade possesses her Heart grace, which takes the form of an employment contract).
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Well, one thing right off the bat: Does it and and How?

Some of my favorite webcomics (and tv shows for that matter) had a definite ending in mind at the start. On the other hand, other really good webcomics simply developed a character and a couple of short stories to put them in before beginning. For a TV example, compare Avatar the Last Airbender with Dr Who.

Either way has its pro's and con's and are basically equal as they go. But a show needs to decide which way it wants to go quickly. Otherwise you end up like Angel Beats.
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:04 pm

I was intending on making it a serialized case by case thing, like "The Case of the Misplaced Inkstone," so definite short term endings, but no metaplot as it were.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Something with a character like that should definitely have a couple strong, somewhat compartmentalized stories with definite endings. In webcomic time, longer, drawn-out dramas tend to poop out before properly finishing. Keychain, anyone? It had a great thing going, but Paddy O'Ruanai's wrist seems to have put it out of commission, at least for now.

I cite Runner's Universe and Ratfist as strong examples of manageable storylines that finished with dignity, rather than petering out or becoming decade-spanning monster projects. Unless of course giant projects are what you want. To me, it seems like a relatively short and sweet adventure or two would be preferable.

EDIT: Sounds good. I imagine it would be not particularly serious, or at least self-referential? Maybe even Adam West Batman-ishly campy?
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:13 pm

I was thinking campy, yes.

I've also been messing around with a naval adventure idea; a bit more action and easier for non-Exalted fans to "get." Main problem is Lunars stink at sailing (Only two charms that really do any good), and my preliminary idea was for a Lunar captain and his crazy Twilight inventor mate.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:12 pm

He could have a DB navigator and instead focus on leading the crew. Take war stats and have a water-aspect to sail the ship.

A quick Idea I had was to combine the two settings: The Film-Noir Lunar picks up a case to investigate the Pirate-Lunar. It could be funny in a "while one is a crazy detctive and trying to investigate the character in a classic mystery investigation, the other is a crazy swashbuckler fighting his way across the western seas." The clashing characters might provide for some humor...
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Both have their own ideas about how the world works, and both of them are flagrantly wrong.

Esp. funny would be if the PI has an artifact that vaguely resembles a banana.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:28 pm

http://www.theyfightcrime.org/

"She's a swash-buckling pirate captain with nothing to lose; he's a hardboiled detective looking for justice...they fight crime!"
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum