Mazes and Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Exalted Campaign

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My Exalted Campaign Empty My Exalted Campaign

Post by DagonXIII Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:20 pm

I was planning on running an exalted game when school started up again, and want to start working on it. My current plan is to have the party chasing a Rouge Abyssal and their Lunar Mate, who have located and stolen the Black Mirror. Anything people have been wanting to play? Cyber-Punk (alchemicals), Bio-Punk (Genesis Lords), Steam Punk (Haslantis) Diesiel-Punk (Wait, that doesn't exist in exalted)? Maybe Alchemicals, Dragon-Blooded or Sidereals? High Adventure, Spies or Love, Trwe Wove?
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

My Exalted Campaign Empty Re: My Exalted Campaign

Post by CodexGigas Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:10 pm

WANT!

I have characters of every variety that I really, really want to play, so I'd be happy with anything, but I'd be especially interested in playing one of my pulpy/noir detective characters, probably the DB version?

Which reminds me, Realm DBs played straight are a lot of fun. Maybe a Wyld hunt that's been tipped off by Siddies on the Convention of Deathlords? (they would want to get their hands on the Mirror)

Top of the list would be playing a Sid in pretty much any kind of game (if errata has come out by the end of the summer...)
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:00 am

I do like DB the bestest. I'd be more than up to that. Film Noir is a bit beyond me though, but I might be able to manage something.
And it means I don't have to give all my characters twin-reactor comboes....
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Any houserules I should know about before I stat? Or story things I should keep in mind (like Outcaste vs Realm, etc).
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:46 am

Basic chargen rules, save I am using chungs excellency mod (i.e one super excellency). Take ox-bodies equal to your essence. You may also take two dots of reputation for free, and 3 extra charms that have to be non-aspect or favored. I request that you take something to round out the character, such as linguistics charms for a warrior, or stealth charms for a socialite.

I will not let you take merits, flaws or mutations. If there's any you want to define a character, I might consider it. For instance, a Blind Swordsman or a Star Crossed Lover might be allowed.

Take 40XP representing a previous adventure your character had. It should be filled with exceptional achievement: You led a hunt to take down a local anathema with no casualties, You began learning Fire Dragon Style at age 16, or You had a dramatic and sensational love affair ending in a duel with the girl's father atop a erupting volcano in a thunderstorm. I'll give 5XP for a complete backstory and an extra 1XP for every clever story hook.

Also, you can combo any number of charms for 1XP per charm or 2BP. If you build a combo like this, it will not cost a WP to activate and you can gain (essence) extra dice from excellencies. If you come up with a cool description, you may also get a extra die from stunts. Otherwise you can combo up to your essence charms for 1WP instantly.

All Martial Arts forms have combo-basic.

If we are doing DBs, then you'll be Realm. You were in line for promotion due to exceptional performance in a previous mission/assignment; however, as time came around for you to be rewarded you were passed over and instead reassigned to Paragon. You also received a messenger telling you that you will be contacted by his employer when you settle into your new post. (If you want to try to resist reassignment PM me)

This was rather long, but i wanted it down for later reference.
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Never statted a DB before. Could be interesting...
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

https://osgrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:09 pm

Let me know what aspect/type of character you're interested in, I've written up several so it doesn't matter to me what I play as.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:41 pm

The Realm and Paragon don't get along canonically; are we undercover agents? Just near Paragon? Alternate history?
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:28 pm

I was considering maybe an Air with an infinite jade chakram and maybe an amped elemental bolt attack. Do you remember what the one at the TPK had that made her so ridiculously nasty? I'll see what else is favored and work from there. Maybe high occult?
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:36 pm

-Take (Thrown) Specialty Focus: Elemental Bolt
-Commit motes to Glorious Birthright Font (Lore)
-Combo Elemental Bolt, (Thrown) Excellency, Persistent Hornet Attack, and Loyal Weapon
-Elemental Lens optional
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:36 am

"The Realm stations a small Imperial garrison in
Paragon. The dragon of mortal legionnaires and their Dragon-
Blooded officers are some of the few long-term residents of
Paragon who do not become citizens. A Dragon-Blooded
satrap heads the garrison and the Realm’s embassy. The
Perfect bluntly tells each new satrap that she won’t collect
an obol more in tribute than the treaties with the Realm
command. Furthermore, while the satrap may offer advice
(as may any ambassador), she should not imagine she could
command or veto the Perfect’s government. Paragon is not
a popular post for ambitious Dynasts."
The Realm and Paragon don't get along per se, but there is a realm garrison and they do pay tribute. My idea was that instead of getting promoted your characters were shafted to an unpopular and almost dead-end position.
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:17 pm

Kk. I think Imma use one of my Thousand Scales bureaucrats then. I have a Fire, Earth, and Water version, depending on what other players want to play as.

Fire: Cathak who went to the House of Bells but ended up a bursar for the Scales; known for throwing great parties and his connections in the legions.

Earth: High-breeding geomancer adopted by Mnemon after exalting on one of the house's manse construction sites. Expert in subterranean construction and battlefield geomancy.

Water: Iselsi married into house Ragara; ruthless internal affairs auditor for the Scales, maintains connections in the All-Seeing Eye.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:44 pm

I should add, and I realized I have not, you need to have some investigation and social skills. You will be running an investigation looking for a number of known Anethema active in the south.
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:25 pm

I was thinking of making a spy-type character, so that works out. Tell me, Brenden, have you ever watched Burn Notice?
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Only the best show on tv about Sidereals.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:34 pm

They can't be Sidereals, they have useful abilities that aren't Martial Arts.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:02 am

Fairly obsessively for a while, but I fell out of practice.
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:05 am

The writers might have just houseruled the Miami setting for this chronicle until the network gets its act together and finally puts out updates.

2nd ed CIA is still in major need of errata, but the easiest fix is to just open up their Charmset. True,the FBI is alot more mechanically sound even then, but they can't beat the CIA fluff.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:24 am

Brenden: hmmm... I'll have to sneakify that I'm totally not basing a character off Fiona.

Andrew: Okay, that was win.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:22 pm

My character in the PBP is basically Musashi from The Samurai Trilogy. I have no problems if you want to play Sesus Fiona.
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:38 pm

AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Preliminary ideas for DB character, although I'm tempted to put him through the Spiral Academy to disprove people who say that "cubicle dragons" are worthless characters. This is a bit of in-game correspondence I wrote to get a feel for the character. (I have a tl;dr version too). With your indulgence:

Winglord Tepet Myra
The Artful Doge Resort, Tongma Island

Dearest Myra,
Yes, I received the invitation; I'm afraid I will have to send a proxy again this year.

In response to the rest of your letter, I wouldn't say that we are ashamed of Bakuwi, no, "disappointed" is a better word. We just expected more of Cacek's grandson and Cathak's great grandson. Heir to a proud military heritage and he squanders it in the Scales.

He never took a real interest in Gateway; at all the salons and family game nights he spent more time talking to people than thinking about moves and more time watching people's faces than watching the board. We had high hopes at first. He started a Gateway club at primary school and then planned a tourney at the manse during break. The officers that came were impressed that a mortal child had organized the whole event.

Imagine our shock when he told us that he liked planning parties as much as playing Gateway! The scandal that news could cause! And then he told us that learning about your opponent was more important than learning about strategy! One of his brothers had a talk with him after that.

Exaltation is never really a question in our strong bloodline, but it always comes as a relief anyways. Bakuwi had apparently been filing away everything he heard about Cainan until he "knew enough about him to beat him at Gateway." When he was helping organize another tourney at the manse he made sure to match himself with Cainan in the first round. Mortifying, I know.

Bakuwi kept on trying to engage Cainan in conversation, hoping to get clues to his next moves no doubt, but Cainan remained stolid until Bakuwi compared the placement of cavalry in a mountain pass to a third-tier trump, a move he then took. Cainan broke his silence to compliment both the metaphor and the play. Bakuwi exalted--at bit embarassing to burst into flames while playing Gateway with the head of the House-- but a proud moment as well.

Both of them insisted on completing the game, which ended in a draw.

He was surprisingly popular at the House of Bells (selected as fang quartermaster every year. I suppose his facility in logistics should have been a clue to his future); doubtless due more to his "people skills," as he calls them, rather than martial prowess. Imagine our horror when news of the parties he organized made it all the way back to the Imperial City!

The one redeeming aspect of this news was a private letter from one of the Tepets on staff attributing Bakuwi's success in a skirmish to sowing dissension among his opponents and unifying his fangmates during a party the night before. Unorthodox tactics at best, and a bit upsetting that Bakuwi couldn't win purely by strategic merit and had to rely on character assassination and social trickery. After all, a general can't exactly expect to beat a barbarian warlord by insulting him at a poetry reading.

I haven't even gotten to the immense shame he caused the whole house after graduation, cavorting through the city like a Cynis orgiast. We received a a visit from Imperial guardsmen the next day. Bakuwi had managed to organize a party in the palace, patently illegal of course, sending falsified letters to the right officials, and then mass invitations to students from several schools.

The festivities made it all the way to the Regent's chambers. Fool that he is, he thought it was an official event and joined in! Apparently there were some monks in residence in one of the wings. I haven't been able to get the exact story, but several of them were defrocked the next day for "behavior unfitting an earthly incarnation of temperance."

We hoped he'd make amends for a frankly lackluster performance at school with a few military victories. Move past the irresponsibilities of youth and get a reputation for something other than wild parties. And then he joined the Imperial Service; the Treasury no less! A pure-blooded scion of Cathak ending up a banker!

Now instead of leading a unit of the Realm's finest out in the Threshold, he's paying the salaries of his former classmates at the House of Bells. Not to mention attending a party every week and throwing his own every other week in rented rooms. We still hear about the palace fiasco, and to be blunt, getting invited to the best social events isn't worth the harm that's been done to our reputation.

He told me a few days ago he was being reassigned to Paragon; a dead-end assignment even for a bureaucrat, for sure, but I think it will be good for him, toughen him up. Show him what the front lines are like. Who knows? Maybe his glib tongue will serve some use there, talk the assessors into taking a more aggressive approach in collecting tribute. We could certainly use the extra jade.

Tell uncle I received his letter and I'm still considering it. Maintaining another household would be a burden, but whatever it takes to restore Tepet... I could always get a loan from my son, the banker, right?

Give my regards to the family.
Blessings of Mela and Heshieh on you,
-Cathak Nomuwa
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:19 pm

Self-aggrandizing illegitimate child that I am, I'm posting the character sheet here too. Didn't list abilities at 1, since most are just required DB education stuff.

Name: Cathak Bakuwi
Motivation: Establish a house and have it elevated to Great House status through unanimous consent of other house heads
Aspect: Fire
Anima Banner: Peach-colored tongues of flame

Attributes:
Strength/Dex/Stamina 2/2/3
Charisma/Manipulation/Appearance 4/4/3
Perception/Intelligence/Wits 3/2/4
Abilities:
Linguistics 4 (Written Word +1), Lore 2, Bureaucracy 4, Investigation 3, Larceny 3 (Party Tricks +1), Awareness 3, Integrity 3, War 2 (Morale +1), (Performance 3 (Parties +1), Athletics 2, Dodge 2, Melee 2, Presence 4 (Letters +1), Socialize 5 (Parties +2)

Virtues: 3/3/3/3
Essence: 2
WP: 8

Backgrounds:
Breeding 2, Resources 3, Retainer 2, Backing 2 (Imperial Service), Connections 3 (High Society), Connections 1 (Finance), Connections 3 (Imperial Service), Connections 1 (Deliberative)

Last edited by CodexGigas on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Revisited earlier irritations with Breeding fluff; added Breeding 2 and rolled legion connections into broader Imperial service category.)
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by DagonXIII Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:11 pm

No dots of Breeding?
DagonXIII
DagonXIII
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:01 pm

Oh, I might add one or two depending on how my Charm selection breaks down. Even one dot's supposed to be rare in the second age according to book. Deliberately didn't take manse; still shuffling dots around for artifact. I might have to consolidate Connections...I already cut some from the first draft though.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next