Mazes and Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New World Campaign Planning and Set-up

Go down

New World Campaign Planning and Set-up Empty New World Campaign Planning and Set-up

Post by GaleLusis Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:25 pm

To start with if everyone could post their sheet and backstory so I can know what you're playing and can have a slight idea of your character, I would be thankful. I'll start up on typing an intro that will give a bit of a feel to the game world. If you have any questions please do ask them.

GaleLusis
Mortal

Back to top Go down

New World Campaign Planning and Set-up Empty Re: New World Campaign Planning and Set-up

Post by GaleLusis Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:56 pm

So, since I've been either not home or forgetful, doing this now. The setting for the campaign.
So, about seventy years ago the sky started to darken. The sun is really never so bright anymore, and the crops are taking a negative effect. The royal family seems to vanish and other important families tear eachother apart trying to seize power. The towns, cities, and villages have taken to having their own governments and often people do not travel. Surviving is hard as monstrosities have started showing and lurking beyond town gates and in the darkness. In an attempt to spread prosperity and help downtrodden, the churches have taken a step forward, establishing the Circles of the Phoenix, most commonly referenced in their saying "We will rise from the ashes." Most prominently what they do is accept volunteers to travel and bring medicine and protection to those with larger problems. Some other people travel between towns, most of them hire bodyguards or are trained in combat themselves. Most of these people are caravans, often hired by town leaders to keep trade, but often vanish after several years. Mortality rates are high and families are often tightknit and life together in small areas. When looking to marry, young men most often travel with a caravan to other towns, strike a deal the head of the family of the woman they wish to marry, and then travel with the woman and a caravan back to his own town. For the most part no one travels, they usually can't afford it, don't want to risk their life, and/or have responsibilities. The general times are grievous and harsh. Many people just disappear, only some are found, and even less are found alive.

GaleLusis
Mortal

Back to top Go down