Mazes and Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glass Jaw Guardian

2 posters

Go down

Glass Jaw Guardian Empty Glass Jaw Guardian

Post by Ji Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Character sheet: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nypksa10hgiy9jq/snake.pdf

Backstory:

Glass Jaw Guardian was born to a single mother in a southern shadow land. His mother was a relatively poor merchant who traveled with and essentially lived in a small hand pulled cart, which doubled as their store inventory. Glass and his mother often had to go many days without basic amenities like food, water, or warmth, and when it rained the cart had to be protected from the water not them. Glass was thirteen when his mother had managed to pick up something in their travels that a death knight considered his by right, and he took it by force. Burning the rest of their stock out of spite, and amused that Glass had attempted to stop the heavily armored knight, the knight afflicted Glass and his mother with the Somewhat-Great-But-Kind-Of-Mediocre-In-Comparison-To-The-Real-Thing Contagion, and ordered zombies to drag them screaming into the desert, and leave them to die a slow horrible death from the heat, dehydration, hunger, or the disease, whichever came first.

Somehow through a combination of his upbringing, natural skill, and a destiny not yet fulfilled, Glass managed to survive the heat of day and cold of night, while his mother refused to eat and instead forced him to eat anything they found instead of her. Eventually though, Glass was brought low by the disease that lurked within his body, and sapped the boy’s future strength and life force. Somehow, he held it at bay for four days, somewhere in which he recalls a soothingly warm situation between the horrible pain he was suffering. At the end of the four days, he finally opened his eyes to find the bones of his mother’s corpse next to him, a vulture looking straight at him from atop them. This vulture turned out to be a scout for the Lunar Retrieval pack which had come looking for his exaltation.

He would spend his time growing to mortal adulthood serving a mostly absentminded nomoon mentor who had tattooed him. The Nomoon, Blade of the Mountain, used him for odd jobs, as Glass had shown he was unfit for physical tasks, the disease having harmed him physically. Glass was seventeen when Mountain decided it was time to move on, and travel East. He left Glass behind, leaving only a note and a somewhat rushed parting gift he hadn’t finished by the time he’d decided to move, a Moonsilver Baneclaw. Glass lacking a goal thus far, took his natural skills and conned his way into a horse and wagon, and traveled east after his former master, the south having nothing left for Glass either. Along the way, Glass started dispensing drugs and medicines from himself as a mobile apothecary. Along with a few forays into the wyld (and forgetting a few basic facts, and needing to purchase a new horse at least four times on account of accidental horse to spoon transmogrification.) where he’d actually found an abandoned but still stable manse. After bypassing the defenses through sheer grit, and making his way to the inner sanctum, he discovered the hearthstone gone, but he did find a dusty and mostly unused workshop containing among other things, a functional suit of Moonsilver Super Heavy Plate. Weighing the pros and cons, Glass took the armor, and left the Wyld, resuming his travels East to Naraka.

Near Naraka, Glass managed to locate another manse. This one thankfully within creation, he took the time to have a peak around. Though bare and mostly unfurnished, it was still seemingly functional despite its age, and after a few day's experimentation, Glass managed to locate the Hearthroom, and assume control of the manse for himself. Unbeknownst to him, the manse is part of a manse network (if we're still using the manse network thing.)

I'll edit this with how I might know Brenden when I get the chance to discuss it more at length with him.

Also would it be reasonable to assume with my talents, I may have been able to bribe my way into the good graces of a house Cynis Dragon-Blooded?

Merits/Flaws: Damaged Artifact Baneclaw, -1 to its rate.

Manse: Jewel of Lawgiver's Authority

Outwardly the manse appears to be a small house sized stone construction, though on the inside is revealed to actually be made of intricately woven bamboo reeds, including the fully functional door, with but a complex weave and color combination to give such an appearance. The manse consists otherwise of a large elevated throne overlooking the entrance, and four small rooms containing simple beds. Designed by a somewhat paranoid solar in the days leading up to the usurpation, it has Invisible Theft, and Mela's Sweet Whispers, which speaks softly into the ear of whomever sits upon the throne (at the hearthstone holder's command) to share the thoughts of those within the manse. The "Heathroom" lies behind the throne.

Creation points: 4

+2 Fragility 1
-4 Invisible Theft
-2 Mela's Sweet Whispers

Last edited by Ji on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:01 am; edited 5 times in total
Ji
Ji
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Glass Jaw Guardian Empty Re: Glass Jaw Guardian

Post by CodexGigas Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:41 am

Excellent. Take 4XP.