Mazes and Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Old City (Play Thread)

+3
LightOfDawn
AlaskanWyvern
CodexGigas
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Old City (Play Thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old City (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:59 am

((I'll make a wits-lore as well to see what I get))
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

https://osgrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:59 am

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' :
The Old City (Play Thread) - Page 2 Avnj The Old City (Play Thread) - Page 2 5hoy The Old City (Play Thread) - Page 2 P8c2 The Old City (Play Thread) - Page 2 Qazn The Old City (Play Thread) - Page 2 Qazn The Old City (Play Thread) - Page 2 5hoy

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:27 pm

"He or she?" Flipper asked, raising an eyebrow. "I'll take a wild guess that you're not actually from Sijan."

There could also have been a succession recently, he hadn't terribly been following Sijanese news of late, but that wasn't overly likely.

"That's fair enough, everyone's got some secrets they wouldn't tell just any old stranger. Rather, I was just noticing you've got a much nicer sword than the average person you'd expect to find sleeping in a shack. Couldn't see much of the details in the dark, but it looked downright fancy. I'd imagine there's a fair number of people have died as it clave through them." After he'd said it, Flipper thought better of having butchered the wordplay like that, but what had been said couldn't very well be unsaid.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:07 pm

Flipper shrugged. "I'm not much of a swordsman myself, just noticed you've got a nice one."

He looked side to side, checking for bystanders. "Look, I think we all know at this point, nobody here is quite normal. Perhaps if we quit beating around the bush, we could either have a pleasant conversation or a merry scrap, whichever it turns out to be, and then be on about our business. I realize a certain level of obfuscation is generally necessary in our situations, but I think we've all figured out enough about each other that we can dispense with some of it."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle788 Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:45 pm

"Well if we are just going to be blunt, Were you sent to kill me? And who is trying to kill you?"
eagle788
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mederic du Pons Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:08 am

"I don't want to kill anyone!" Hider blurted out. Bluntness made him uncomfortable. Couldn't they hide their intentions behind layers of lies like civilized adults?

His knees began knocking again. "I'm a sword-smith from Skullstone. I'm on the run from the Silver Prince."

Mederic du Pons
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:42 pm

The Undercity grew strangely quiet, the distant sounds of revelry faded, the final notes of songs echoed down the tunnels. The silence of the tomb descended, almost physically oppressive.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:51 pm

The falling silence finished Hider's sentence like an ethereal period. Flipper let it hang for a second, pondering the information.

"On the run, you say?" Flipper gave Shadow a glance. If that was true, and not just a cover story for being a Deathknight out and about, then he could prove a valuable ally. And if he knew how to forge, then he might have a thing or two he could teach Flipper. If Shadow wanted to show some of his hand, then that would be up to him.

"Is there a particular reason you're running?" he asked, turning back to Hider.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mederic du Pons Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Hider mentally turned to Ice. What do you think? he whispered in his mind.

This silence... Ice trailed off. He agreed: this silence was deafening. Something needed to be done fast. Shoot for the sun, as it were, and either they would fight or make friends. Luckily he had learned how to put aside his mortal terror at the everyday horrors of life for a few minutes.  

He took a deep breath, stood up to his full height and let the mask fade to his true face. Years in the Prince's dungeon had thinned him to bone and bits of flesh, had stained his eyes coal and his skin ash but had not touched his height.

"I fear our time is running short, so I will make it quick. I am a Lawgiver, one of the chosen of the Unconquered Sun. The Prince has made me a monster, and I feel I owe him for his trouble."

He grabbed the hilt of his sword. "If thou be a friend, then well met; if my enemy then have at ye! If ye be neither then let me pass in peace."

Mederic du Pons
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle788 Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Shadow steps out of the shadows.

"If you are running from the Death-lords then we at least have something in common. I also am a Lawgiver, I was captured by the Mask and tortured until I agreed to become this. Needless to say i didn't like his plans for me and headed out with this guy here. It might be best if you join us"

eagle788
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:27 pm

"There, see? That wasn't so hard," Flipper said, happy to get on with things. He didn't want the unconscious soldiers to wake up still in the wagon. "Now, we've been staying at the Wok in the Park, and we can probably get you a room there - better than this old closet, at least, no?"

If they had been the first ones to bother him, then it was probably a safe enough spot, once they got him out of it.

"Where are my manners, though? My name is Flipper, what's yours?"
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mederic du Pons Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:50 pm

His dead eyes showed their words true enough. He breathed out in a long sigh, deflating down to his dark and hunched form. "They call me One Hidden in the Crypt of Bones best left Undisturbed, or Hider for short. My sword is named One who Walks Upon the Ice."

They may lie yet... Ice hissed, Their words have been neither truth nor falsehood

Hider shook her voice from his mind. She trusted no one as a rule; which was great advice in general. However, Hider knew how to find a master. These kind folk would do. At least for now...

"Is there something I can do to help? I'd hate to impose on you without earning my keep."

Mederic du Pons
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Flipper nodded. "We'll find something for you, I'm sure. There's a little project we've got going, and we'll fill you in on the details when we get somewhere else."

He turned to his compatriots. "Come on, we'll get them put in here, and we'll be set to go."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:55 pm

End Act I
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2