Mazes and Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meido (Play Thread)

+3
The_GM
AlaskanWyvern
CodexGigas
7 posters

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Meido (Play Thread) - Page 24 Empty Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Ji Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:10 pm

"If there are no objections..." began Glass, standing to full attention... in as much as that was possible. He'd thought hard about who would need to bear the burden of knowing their plan, unable to divulge the secrets... and he foolishly decided it'd be wise to take that burden upon himself. "I would like to volunteer. I can only vouch for Flipper's trustworthiness, and I would rather not force him to make this choice. Besides, what's the worst that happens, right?"
Ji
Ji
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Meneras produced a golden hearthstone. "Do you swear to silence--both directly and indirectly-- regarding our plans?"
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by Ji Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:55 pm

"I... Yes?" said Glass, tilting his head. He'd figured that was presumed by this point, though he assumed it had something to do with the hearthstone she'd produced. Formality and what not was such a bother when dealing with magic you poorly understood... though Flipper knew geomancy, or something functionally similar to a basic understanding of geomancy, last Glass recalled. Glass mentally filed away a few questions to ask Flipper later, such as 'what is this?' and 'what do I do with it?'
Ji
Ji
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:08 pm

The hearthstone blazed briefly and Meneras nodded at one of the masked Dragons.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by Ji Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Glass grew very worried as magic words entered upon his ears. Upon their completion, he sighed, and began to speak, making a small hissing sound in the back of his throat before falling silent. "I. I want to say several things here that I can't. You have my word, I shall speak of this to no one. Good luck, I suppose, for what that's worth. Hopefully our intentions in the region do not bring us into serious conflict. I'd still suggest not using this airship on the city, but I'm guessing we're beyond that point now, aren't we?" With that, he began to motion, as best he could, for his group to leave. Glass saw no more practical reason to entertain the terrestrials, there was much planning to do.

"Before I go, though... where did you get... the information you have on this? It seems... suspect."
Ji
Ji
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:26 pm

"The demons have long masqueraded as tutors, teachers, and advisers in the Realm, hidden by aliases backed with star-magic. We were able to question one such tutor at length, and his answers systematically verified.

Meido is the only place in Creation that meets our present needs."
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:00 pm

Flipper looked back and forth between Glass and the dragons. He didn't like this one bit... he and Shadow hadn't fought through those automatons just to have everyone walk off. But Builder had already left, and Glass was headed out too. That was half the people they had who hadn't exhausted their essence, and Flipper wouldn't have much argumentative position flanked solely by two deathknights. There was just one last question he had before he followed Glass out:

"So you intend to occupy Meido for almost a year? Last I checked, Calibration wasn't for a while yet."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

https://osgrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:18 pm

"There are still preparations to be made before Calibration, all of which require the cooperation of the city."
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Flipper nodded and started for the exit. "Very well then, dragon. But you have my word that if citizens down there start dying, you can expect to hear from us again."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle788 Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Shadow very confused by what is going on and Builder just leaving, follows Flipper out of the iris.

"So what is going on and how are we getting down from here? I cant just grow wings like some of you."
eagle788
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:07 am

Builder, who was rummaging through piles of debris at the bottom of the ship's hull by the light of his anima, paused when the others arrived. "We can fly down once I have recovered some power," the Sidereal answered, "unless one of you has a better way of getting down."

"They may yet be monitoring us," he noted carefully, beginning to rummage again but keeping one eye on the other Exalts. "Would any of you be interested in helping me with my search?"
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle788 Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:58 pm

"Well I for one need a ride down, and what are you looking for exactly?"
eagle788
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:21 pm

The corners of the Sidereal's mouth curled upward, though he managed to keep the smile from getting any wider than that. "A bargaining chip," he said, and described a number of objects that might be lying in the debris somewhere. "If you find any of those, or anything made of the Magical Materials, let me take a look at it."

Builder blinked. Waitasecond. They're Exalts. "Do any of you know anything about magitech?"
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:00 pm

Flipper shrugged. "Eeeeeh, not in particular? What training I've got is mostly in alchemy and geomancy, not magitech. Not a lot of places that'll teach some random Westerner off the streets how the fancy airship works."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle788 Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:47 pm

"I don't know anything about magitech, but i'll see what i can find."
eagle788
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:10 pm

Builder also returned his attention to the search. Now that the rubble was illuminated by the light of several animas, it was much easier to dig through things and separate them by usefulness. Muttering a small prayer even though he knew it wouldn't be heard, he picked up a hollow piece of bamboo and began tapping it against things, using the sound to tell what was hollow and what might be worth examining.
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:10 pm

The member 'LightOfDawn' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 24 M202 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 24 3k4o Meido (Play Thread) - Page 24 5hoy

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:36 am

Builder grimaced. It had been a long shot anyway. "Then unless one of you can walk on the outside of the ship without falling and is strong enough to break through some of the outside plating, I'm out of ideas." Walking over to one side of the airship, Builder folded himself into a lotus position to rest and wait.
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:21 pm

Flipper nodded. "I've still got the old sticky-fingers up; climbing on things isn't an issue. I'll need a bit of time to get essence back before I can probably dent much of anything, but I can give it a try." He flopped down on his belly near Builder, stretching out his flukes and cracking his knuckles. "I trust you can describe roughly what needs to be broken, or at least point it out to me? I could probably carry you on my shoulders if you don't mind holding on for dear life and certain death should we fall."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:42 pm

Builder was a little surprised, but knew he shouldn't have been. We're talking about Lunars, here. "I can."

He chuckled to himself. "If we break what I'm thinking of breaking, we're all going to find ourselves falling anyway. We'll need something of an escape plan before we even start." Sighing deeply, he looked around at the group of Exalts he had sort of become part of. "Not that I have anything against these Dragons; I only offer to disable the ship because that seems to be your circle's desire. Is it?"
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:57 pm

Flipper shrugged again. "As for myself, I'd mostly prefer to keep certain assets of mine out of prying hands and the townspeople safe. If whatever plan they're trying will actually retrieve the Scarlet Empress and not just rip Creation a new orifice, I'd rather they not succeed. Well, either way, actually. But if this doesn't work, good chance I'll be on my way."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:25 pm

"Disabling their airship is not likely to put a stop to their plans," Builder commented. "Why make enemies, but then leave them to hound your heels?"
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:33 pm

"You may have noticed who I'm chosen of. Having enemies in the Realm on my heels isn't a tactical choice, it's life. I say, try to do what you can, and if it's beyond your means, better to live to try again than flounder in consequences."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:37 am

"Well then, I hope your plan for leaving afterwards incorporates some red herrings," Builder said, a wry smile on his face.

He turned his attention to the rest of the group. "Does anyone else have anything to add about our plans here?"
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle788 Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:36 pm

"Well I doubt I could do anything to help break anything, So I good with the plan so long as there is a safe way to the ground"
eagle788
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next