Mazes and Monsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meido (Play Thread)

+3
The_GM
AlaskanWyvern
CodexGigas
7 posters

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Empty Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by LightOfDawn Fri May 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Builder nodded. "Very well. Then we will proceed when we are ready."

The sidereal pulled out a chunk of obsidian he had found earlier while rummaging through the rubbish, and began to chip at it very carefully with a knife from his belt.

He hated being forced to wait in the belly of a hostile airship while it tried to take over the city, but there wasn't much else he could do. So, with a hint of frustration, he started to sculpt as he rested. Very, very carefully, he placed the blade against the obsidian and struck the bottom of the hilt with the palm of his hand. He had to change his angles and the force of his strikes as the blade dulled, but he'd expected that - and he'd get another knife somewhere along the way.

First, he carved the outside petals, and then he delicately worked at the ridges on top. Gradually, the bulb of an obsidian flower just beginning to open took shape; his sifu would appreciate the gift, he was sure. Time passed as he worked, but he wasn't sure how much. Finally, when he finished, he put the knife away and pocketed the obsidian blossom. Then, feeling ready - or at least readier than he had before - he stood and took stock of his surroundings.
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Fri May 09, 2014 9:29 pm

The member 'LightOfDawn' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Qazn Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Qazn Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 3k4o Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 J118

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed May 14, 2014 9:14 pm

For an hour or so of silent contemplation, Flipper sat near the porthole and watching the troops and the airship move into Meido. The motes trickled into him from his hearthstones, until he finally had enough to consider action. He stretched out and got up, sticking his head outside the porthole.

"Builder, if you wouldn't mind climbing on my back once I get outside, we can get our plan moving. Looks like we should do what we can before they get too more settled in."

He climbed out the porthole, feeling the rushing wind as he grabbed onto the surface of the airship with his fingers and waited for Builder.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

https://osgrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mederic du Pons Thu May 15, 2014 12:09 am

"Wait!" Hider cried, popping out of a canopy of splintered poles and scavenged flags that was the new Fox-Fire. "I thought they were on our side or something, so we were just going to leave in peace. Its all been very hard to follow." He slowly retreated back into the new Fox-Fire to avoid their gazes.

Mederic du Pons
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Thu May 15, 2014 12:39 am

Builder's eyes narrowed slightly. He didn't have the power to fly himself down yet; did Flipper have enough, or were they going to ride the airship down and hope they survived the crash? He'd have to ask.

Before he could follow Flipper, though, the Deathknight drew his attention to the hastily-constructed airship in the cargo bay behind them. Looking it over with a critical eye, the Sidereal realized that it was no work of art, but it could fly, given some kind of heat source. Builder didn't see such a source, but he presumed that if the Deathknight had built it, he could provide the heat. "We are going to leave in peace. But we're also going to leave their airship in pieces. I will answer your questions later, if you answer some of mine."

Putting the obsidian rose into his robes carefully so that it wouldn't fall out, he looked to Glass. "Glass, Flipper apparently doesn't want to wait until I have the power for another cloud. You and the Deathknights will have to find your own ways down."

Then he climbed out the porthole, carefully grabbing onto the Lunar stuck to the outside of the airship and hanging on for dear life. "Flipper, you DO realize I don't have enough power to get us down safely, don't you?"
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ji Thu May 15, 2014 12:47 am

Glass moved to the window now, having seen two of his companions hop to the other side. He peered down only to be confronted with the two dangling from the window. He recognized the potential for Flipper to get down, most assuredly, and assumed he was hoping to somehow bring the more mundane exalt with him. Still, they couldn't afford to split up, when Glass was going to need their help to stop a potential atrocity.

"I have no idea where you intend to go, but would you mind meeting up with me at my cart before you get too far? I need to have... words... with basically everyone here. It's important."
Ji
Ji
Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Thu May 15, 2014 1:37 am

"We plan to disable their airship if we can," Builder said. Had Glass not been listening earlier? "I suggest the Deathknights launch their air balloon soon, before it's trapped inside by the fall. Afterwards... I'll join you in the morning."
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Thu May 15, 2014 4:03 am

Flipper gestured dismissively. "Psssh. We'll be fine.  Glass, sounds like a good plan; I'll get there as soon as I'm able. If anyone else doesn't have a way down, now's a good time to speak up."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Sun May 18, 2014 3:28 pm

Hearing no objections, Flipper maneuvered himself and Builder towards the rear of the ship. "What are we looking for, exactly?" he asked. "I've never seen one of these before today, you'll have to walk me through it."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Thu May 22, 2014 10:15 pm

Builder nodded. "Just forward of the engines, there's a cowling that we'll need to smash through. Under it we'll find a few wires, a crystal, and a-" the Sidereal paused for a moment, trying to figure out the best way to describe it and failing- "thing, that will cause trouble if we break them. I could take them apart properly if I had tools, but since I don't, we'll have to improvise and see how badly the airship crashes."
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle788 Sat May 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Warily Shadow looked over the airship Hider constructed.

"Are you sure thing will fly Hider?"
eagle788
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Tue May 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Flipper climbed along the hull, maneuvering himself to the aforementioned spot, wind blowing dramatically through Builder's hair. He gave the cowling an investigatory squint, then activated his Claws again, anchored both hands in place, and gave the cowl a mighty headbutt.
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Tue May 27, 2014 4:20 pm

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 5hoy Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Nkws Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 M202 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 3k4o Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 M202 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Xkux Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 M202 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Xkux Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Xkux Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 P8c2 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Qazn Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 3k4o Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Xkux Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 5hoy Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 3k4o Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Qazn

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:25 pm

((le essence))
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:25 pm

'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Qazn Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Ssb6 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 5hoy Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 J118

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:54 pm

((stunt))
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:54 pm

'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 P8c2

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by CodexGigas Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:45 pm

The cowling split open like a ripe melon under Flipper's cranial assault. A blast of radiant heat filled the night air, along with a dull, throbbing red glow.

As a naturalist, Flipper was slightly more prepared for what he saw than the more magitechnically-minded Builder. Nestled in a snarl of orichalcum wires and moonsilver tubes, a calcified heart about the size of a human skull beat slowly. It was pumping something through the attached tubing.
CodexGigas
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Flipper raised an eyebrow. He wasn't quite sure what he imagined in an airship, probably more wires and cables and jade, but certainly not... this.

"Are giant hearts normally airship components?" Flipper asked. "I'm voting we steal this, personally."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:30 pm

Builder recoiled when he first saw the heart, and very nearly fell off Flipper's back. It was only once the initial shock had passed - and Flipper had had time to ask a question - that Builder pulled himself together. "I... I've never seen something like this before," he admitted weakly. "I suppose we could steal it..."
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:05 pm

((int-lore-husbandry))
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_GM Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:05 pm

'd10' :
Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Qazn Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Qazn Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Ssb6 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 M202 Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 5hoy Meido (Play Thread) - Page 25 Ssb6

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:55 pm

Flipper gave the heart a good looking-over. There were more chambers on it than he'd seen on anything he'd had the chance to look at, and the size was enormous, to say nothing of the fact that it was still going. It almost certainly wasn't anything natural. There was a calcifying fluid in the tubes to stop leaks, and a heating element presumably to keep it going or keep it from just petrifying. He snipped the tubes with his claws and deposited the severed heart into an amulet-conjured bag. Fluids dripped out of the hoses, and they almost looked edible, like they were calling out to Flipper to lick them off the paneling...

Flipper snapped out of it and shook his head. Looking at his claw, there was a smear of blood on the luminous surface... though, looking down at the watertight bag, there was a fair amount draining into that too. If he wanted to give into the urge to sample, he could do it later - besides, he hadn't invoked the Sacred Hunt on this thing, so he could hardly take its form, even if he had whatever knack he might need.

"Zombies, automata, disembodied hearts... There is something seriously wrong with these people." He looked over his shoulder at Builder. "Unless there's anything else in here we should steal or smash, I'm done here."
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LightOfDawn Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Builder watched the heart disappear into a bag, then looked back into the hole it had recently occupied. That wiring was... wait a moment. This was a hearthstone socket. Weren't those normally in the control room? Hmm. But if they weren't, then the ship would have another one over there.

"I wonder where they get their resources," Builder nodded. "As for whether there's anything else to steal or smash... stealing this one should cripple it, but if we want it to crash, I think there's a slot for another of these on the other side of the ship, over there."
LightOfDawn
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Back to top Go down

Post by AlaskanWyvern Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:25 pm

Flipper shook his head. "If we'd started with this plan when it was outside of town, then maybe, but there's a lot of people down there." He eyed the hot plate for a moment; it looked like a simple enough thing to melt down or maybe sell for some spare cash, but then again, the heat... He hadn't really brought anything that could shield him from the heat, so it really wasn't worth it at the moment. Time to go, then.

"Mind the wings," he said, releasing his hold on the ship and turning backwards, starting a freefall, summoning the power he needed to borrow the wings from his insect form in proper size. Gossamer sheets projected from his shoulders, and he leveled off to hover in midair, getting a look at his surroundings. "Anywhere you want to be put down, aside from the cart?"
AlaskanWyvern
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next