Meido (Play Thread)

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:55 pm

"Well, let's see what you have at the wagon. Should be something useful there, I imagine," Flipper replied. He adjusted his poncho to sit more comfortably as his ears returned before following Glass out the door. When he got outside, he glanced around to see where Shadow had gotten to; the fact that he'd lost sight of Shadow almost immediately meant that surely he was around somewhere, just not somewhere immediately obvious.

_________________
"Put a Twilight Caste in a pit of infinite nothingness, and within a month, the Twilight will have filled it with all the knowledge of Creation. Put a No Moon in the same pit, and within a week, the No Moon will have learned something new." -Unknown

XP in parens is unspent. Without parens is how much has been used in purchases so far.
Activated charms:
Essence expenditure: 0 pers/0 peri
Willpower: 10/10 Health: full
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Hearing the receding footsteps of the bureaucrat, Shadow waits till he thinks she's near the top of the stairs. Then slides around the corner and makes and his way up the stairs, staying in the shadows along the wall. Trying to stay out of sight, but still find out who this “friend” she was waiting for is, or if she was just spying on his friend. Thinking that if Flipper was looking for him, he should be able to see where he is headed if he leaves.
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:52 pm

((Dex + Stealth to hide in the shadows))
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:52 pm

The member 'eagle788' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' :

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:02 pm

The staircase was narrow-- too narrow for two people. The bureaucrat brushed past the waitress as she ascended the stairs. The waitress loudly apologized on her way down the stairs.
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Ji on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:00 pm

The walk to where Glass had stored his wagon would not have taken long, or Glass would have enjoyed the company of a different restaurant. It wasn't very special on the outside, a few streaks of green paint as a minor identifier. He stood outside of the front door, and turned to his friend.

"Now, I'll admit, I don't actually have much in here." he said, somewhat hushed. "I'm much better at making my poisons on the spot, if you know what I mean, and I think you might. I should have rope or something though, small things. Now then, do you have plan, or should I?"
avatar
Ji
Mortal

Posts : 88
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : I've got one question for you. Explosions?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:22 pm

((wits + Awareness))
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:22 pm

The member 'eagle788' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' :

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Not Noticing anything new about the bureaucrat, Shadow looks around for Flipper so he can let him know about being watched. Seeing him heading down the far staircase, Shadow heads of after him. Catching up just after after hearing the southerner say something about a plan.

“Hey Flipper you guys were being watched , and who’s the new Guy? ”
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:12 am

eagle788 wrote:Not Noticing anything new about the bureaucrat, Shadow looks around for Flipper so he can let him know about being watched. Seeing him heading down the far staircase, Shadow heads of after him. Catching up just after after hearing the southerner say something about a plan.

“Hey Flipper you guys were being watched , and who’s the new Guy? ”
Flipper nodded. "So I figured. The waitress is a dragon-blooded, and I was pretty sure she was signaling someone. That's probably who it was. You got a good look at him, I take it?"

He gestured over to Glass. "Also, I don't think you've met before, this is Glass. I've run into him a couple times while traveling. Decent sort, a, er... a potion-maker." He was hesitant to call Glass an alchemist, since that didn't seem to be his area of expertise. He probably just did some mixing of premade things he got elsewhere, or failing that, charms could do amazing things.

The walk to where Glass had stored his wagon would not have taken long, or Glass would have enjoyed the company of a different restaurant. It wasn't very special on the outside, a few streaks of green paint as a minor identifier. He stood outside of the front door, and turned to his friend.

"Now, I'll admit, I don't actually have much in here." he said, somewhat hushed. "I'm much better at making my poisons on the spot, if you know what I mean, and I think you might. I should have rope or something though, small things. Now then, do you have plan, or should I?"
"Well, she wants us to get them out of the way for a bit, and we'd presumably rather not just kill them, so if we knock them out with something in their drink, we can do whatever we like. Follow through with the agreement and leave them in the next town or out in the woods for a few days... Take them to the government and tell them there's been soldiers around in violation of the treaty... Frankly, even though we've made a deal with this Bobo person, I'm not inclined to trust her."

_________________
"Put a Twilight Caste in a pit of infinite nothingness, and within a month, the Twilight will have filled it with all the knowledge of Creation. Put a No Moon in the same pit, and within a week, the No Moon will have learned something new." -Unknown

XP in parens is unspent. Without parens is how much has been used in purchases so far.
Activated charms:
Essence expenditure: 0 pers/0 peri
Willpower: 10/10 Health: full
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Ji on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:46 am

"Ah. Uh. Hello..." said Glass somewhat wary of men in black cloaks by habit. Still, if Flipper was okay with his presence, he would deal with it. He unlocked the door to his wagon, and entered swiftly, waving the others inside. It was sparsely furnished, with just a bed and a few chests. Opening one in the corner of the room, he began to produce several bottles from his belongings.

"Spiking their drinks, that I can do. Anything specific you'd like me to use? Both the drink and the... additive. I don't know much about the realm's soldier's tastes on the matter."
avatar
Ji
Mortal

Posts : 88
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : I've got one question for you. Explosions?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:24 am

Flipper stepped into the wagon, looking around for anything to strike his fancy. "Well, I'll go in, and we can get a decent bottle of sake, and we'll slip a sedative in there. They're just mortals, so it shouldn't take much, relatively speaking. Just something without much flavor, I don't think we need to be too picky."

_________________
"Put a Twilight Caste in a pit of infinite nothingness, and within a month, the Twilight will have filled it with all the knowledge of Creation. Put a No Moon in the same pit, and within a week, the No Moon will have learned something new." -Unknown

XP in parens is unspent. Without parens is how much has been used in purchases so far.
Activated charms:
Essence expenditure: 0 pers/0 peri
Willpower: 10/10 Health: full
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:48 pm

After stepping up into the wagon, Shadow looks at Flipper and Glass. “Yes I got a good look at Her (Insert Description), But what exactly is going on?”
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:45 am

"The guys in the room we were checking out (not the one we were in, but a couple doors down) are Realm soldiers here in violation of treaty. She's trying to sweep them under the rug for a while, and we weaseled our way into helping. Thing is, her allegiances and long-term plans aren't exactly clear, so I'm not sure yet whether we should help her or take her quarries and hand them to the authorities."

_________________
"Put a Twilight Caste in a pit of infinite nothingness, and within a month, the Twilight will have filled it with all the knowledge of Creation. Put a No Moon in the same pit, and within a week, the No Moon will have learned something new." -Unknown

XP in parens is unspent. Without parens is how much has been used in purchases so far.
Activated charms:
Essence expenditure: 0 pers/0 peri
Willpower: 10/10 Health: full
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Ji on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:37 am

Glass tried his best to hide the facts of his contribution, namely that was was presently retching into a small flask. The intent for something to render them unconscious was clear, and being liquid in origin would be much more beneficial if they were to hide it in strong alcohol.

"Now then, Sake was it? Can you go get some. The sooner we're done with this, the better." he said, stoppering the mixture and wiping his face. "I am at presssent, confined to the wagon."



---

Personal : 24/24
Peripheral: 30/41

Tell: Serpent's tongue, Enhanced sense (Sight)

Motes spent in scene: 8
avatar
Ji
Mortal

Posts : 88
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : I've got one question for you. Explosions?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by eagle788 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:09 pm

"Well you two look like you have this under control. I'll go make sure they don't leave the Wok"

Shadow walks out and disappears from sight(activating Unseen Wisp), and heads back to the Wok sets himself up outside of room.
avatar
eagle788
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 156
Join date : 2011-07-05
Age : 29
Location : Flipper's apartment

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Flipper nodded. "Certainly. I'll be right back." He ducked out of the wagon and strolled back into the Wok. He flagged down a waitress and asked for a bottle of sake - a decent one, but not too expensive. Nothing overly extravagant (not like they'd have that), but decent enough the targets would be willing to take it. A few minutes later, and the bottle was in hand, and he was back at the wagon. "How's this? It's not terribly classy, but if someone handed me this as free booze, I probably wouldn't turn it down myself."

_________________
"Put a Twilight Caste in a pit of infinite nothingness, and within a month, the Twilight will have filled it with all the knowledge of Creation. Put a No Moon in the same pit, and within a week, the No Moon will have learned something new." -Unknown

XP in parens is unspent. Without parens is how much has been used in purchases so far.
Activated charms:
Essence expenditure: 0 pers/0 peri
Willpower: 10/10 Health: full
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Ji on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:14 pm

"Looksss good enough to me." said Glass, passing the flask of drug to his compatriot, before sitting down. "Mix the mixture as you think you should, there's probably enough in there for the two of them, but be careful about giving them an overdose."

With that, there was little else he could do for the night, he was in no condition to go give the fine gentlemen their drinks for a while, and he had the suspicion his friend could handle the mixing and delivering part of the task.
avatar
Ji
Mortal

Posts : 88
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : I've got one question for you. Explosions?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:35 pm

Flipper took the flask, popped the stopper on the bottle of sake, took a whiff of both, and poured in what looked like an appropriate amount of sedative. He went slightly on the weak side; sake had a mild flavor, and he didn't want to be detected. Worst case, they finished the bottle and got hammered, at which point the targets could be easily extracted while heavily inebriated. He went back in the restaurant, coming back to where he had been sitting before. Hopefully his leaving with the bottle hadn't been noticed amid the hubbub, so nobody would get suspicious of the tampered drink.

He put the stopper back on and flagged down a waitress. "Excuse, me could you please deliver this to some friends in the room upstairs?" he said, indicating the room the soldiers were in. "Don't tell them who it's from; they'll figure it out on their own."

_________________
"Put a Twilight Caste in a pit of infinite nothingness, and within a month, the Twilight will have filled it with all the knowledge of Creation. Put a No Moon in the same pit, and within a week, the No Moon will have learned something new." -Unknown

XP in parens is unspent. Without parens is how much has been used in purchases so far.
Activated charms:
Essence expenditure: 0 pers/0 peri
Willpower: 10/10 Health: full
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by AlaskanWyvern on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:34 am

((int-medicine, spending a wp))

_________________
"Put a Twilight Caste in a pit of infinite nothingness, and within a month, the Twilight will have filled it with all the knowledge of Creation. Put a No Moon in the same pit, and within a week, the No Moon will have learned something new." -Unknown

XP in parens is unspent. Without parens is how much has been used in purchases so far.
Activated charms:
Essence expenditure: 0 pers/0 peri
Willpower: 10/10 Health: full
avatar
AlaskanWyvern
Admin

Posts : 408
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 26
Location : Demi-Elemental Pole of Ranch Dressing

View user profile http://osgrp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by The_GM on Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:34 am

The member 'AlaskanWyvern' has done the following action : Dice roll

'd10' :

The_GM
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 227
Join date : 2011-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:44 pm

"Gods, this is their third bottle this morning!" the waitress groaned as she took the sake from Flipper. "I'll run this up in just a minute."
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by CodexGigas on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:50 pm

The Wok had been busy since sunup, but a major influx of hungry customers appeared around noon, coming in from the streets, their third-story rooms, and some, from the trapdoors leading to the Old City.

The only people who looked out of place in the sea of revelers were a group of Immaculate monks, glaring disapproving at anyone obviously celebrating a heretical holiday.
avatar
CodexGigas
Dragon-Blooded

Posts : 386
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Mouth of the Void

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by LightOfDawn on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Hopefully the problem with Fate was also the thing the message was about; the alternative would be too horrible to contemplate. Either way, though, it was vital – no, beyond vital – absolutely critical that word of this reached Builder’s superiors.

Fortunately, that was right about when the Monks he'd been following stopped at a restaurant for lunch. Not long after that, two men emerged from a nearby wagon and walked into the restaurant just behind the Monks. Seeing an opportunity to hide and do things most mortals would not do, Builder quickly crossed the street and pulled himself into the wagon…

…only to come face-to-face with a man with snake eyes and a slim crescent glowing softly on his forehead.

“Oh,” Builder said. “Crap.”

[ooc]Builder is a little hunched, with a loose cloak that shrouds most of his body and face. If you can see his face despite the darkness, he’s a pale-skinned man with a pair of spectacles, hair that’s such a dirty shade of blonde it almost looks brown, and a couple freckles on his face.[/ooc]

_________________
GM: Blessed with Phenomenal Cosmic Power, cursed with Crazy Players.

A computer once beat me at chess, but was no match for me at kick boxing.
avatar
LightOfDawn
Heroic Mortal

Posts : 127
Join date : 2013-09-10
Location : In your teacup.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Ji on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Glass was rightfully and entirely startled, as he hunched into a somewhat hostile position, and put his hand on the baneclaw he kept within the folds of his clothing.

"Who are you..." he said no louder than would penetrate the wagon. If he was lucky, he could talk his way out of this, or kill the man who'd busted in here to... rob a merchant? Too bad the joke was on the robber, the only thing of real value he had was so obnoxiously heavy no one could steal it. Still, his caste mark was... fading? Excellent. In the brief moment after speaking, his eyes slowly returned to their normal state, caste mark faded slowly, and even his tongue came to its senses and pretended to be normal.

"What do you want..."

---

Personal : 24/24
Peripheral: 30/41
avatar
Ji
Mortal

Posts : 88
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : I've got one question for you. Explosions?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meido (Play Thread)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum